WordPress – An Open Source CMS
WordPress is an Open Source programming framework utilized by a huge number of individuals around the globe to make lovely websites and blogs. It is totally customisable by the utilization of themes and plugins.
WordPress is used to create a beautiful website or blog. WordPress is free as well as priceless at the same time.
CMS (content management system)
A content management system (CMS) is an application that is used to manage and modify digital content easily.
Features Of WordPress CMS
- The most significant highlights of WordPress is that you can make a powerful site with no web designing and coding knowledge.
- WordPress is subject based, which gives you alternatives to different open-source and premium plan themes and plugins , which can be used effectively with no designing knowledge.
- WordPress is Multilingual, which permits clients to translate content in their own language.
- WordPress websites are SEO (search engine optimization) friendly, it means sites built-with WordPress can be easily ranked in search engines.
- Plugins makes it easy to add more features to your website in no time.
- WordPress has its own Media Management System, which is used to store images, music, documents, etc. and can be used any where in the website.
Advantages Of WordPress CMS
- WordPress is free and open source cms licensed under GNU General Public License (GPL).
- You can easily do customization in WordPress.
- You can manage users with different roles and permissions.
- Media management provided by wordpress is quick and easy to use.
- WordPress provides WYSIWYG (What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get) editor to manage your content.Which makes it easy to use.
Difference Between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
There are two ways through which WordPress allow you to host a site is by WordPress.com and WordPress.org . WordPress.com is a hosting provider which helps to create a website with out having a hosting service. While from WordPress.org you can download the WordPress software and host it on your hosting.
- It requires a web hosting .
- Create a website for free and is an open-source for further modification.
- You can use plugins to extend the functionality.
- You can use your custom URL.
- Requires you to sign up and create a website or blog.
- Get basic website functionalities for free and need to pay to upgrade.
- Plugins not allowed.
- In free plans it will be a sub-domain of WordPress.com
Get best premium wordpress theme Here 👇